Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Campout directions

Here are the (corrected) directions from the email Dan McMurtrey.  I tried to recreate the directions on Google Maps, but I'm not very confident in what I came up with.  If my map isn't right, someone please let me know and I'll correct it.

Edit (6/27/10):
I had originally put a map up, but I realize now that this is the type of thing that should not be put up on a public blog like this, since it would be easy for an evildoer to use to cause trouble, to say the least.

1 comment:

Thielemonster said...

I have been very unhappy with APS ans how their administration fails to educate our children. As a result I have come across a non- political entity that supports the creation of a West Side School District. Check them out at www.ABQPASS.org. The key benefits of the new school district would be that it would be performance based for the teachers based on input from the administration, peers, parents and students. Additionally, the teachers will be able to modify ciriculum to best meet children's needs. This new district has been in the works for over a year and is at a critical turning point. I am sending this message to ask for people to email the governor and secretary of eduction to tell them your opinion of how APS has done and if you feel that a new school district could help our children. I think that education needs to be put back in the hands of the community.

Please consider contacting the Governor and Secretary Garcia Unfortunately, You will have to send to two separate letters, as the Governor's contact is via his website. Please also "cc" the requested addresses with the letter sent to the Secretary.

Together, we can make this happen!

1. Governor Bill Richardson,
Governor's Office, Capitol, 4th floor, Suite 400
Santa Fe, NM 87503
E-Mail Governor Richardson via his website at http://www.governor.state.nm.us/email.php?mm=6&type=opinion

2. Secretary Veronica Garcia,
Department of Education,
300 Don Gaspar, Jerry Apodaca Building,
Santa Fe, NM 87501-2786
(505)827-6688
Send e-mail to her assistant:
Marissa.Ortiz@state.nm.us

3. Please also cc Sen. Sander Rue (sanderrue@comcast.net), Sen. Bernadette Sanchez (senb26@yahoo.com) & info@abqpass.org


• As a reminder: The Prospectus is posted here:http://abqpass.org/site/the-prospectus.html and is a legitimate study, done by our predecessor group-CASA, at the request of the Secretary of Education and her staff confirmed it's information. A well-respected professional public finance consultant that has over 25 years of experience in school finance, and prepares financials for over 12 districts in the state did the financial portion of the study.
Who verifies APS reports? (Graduation rates change overnight; Found $16 Million; $23 Million Accounting Error.)

• School Finance Brief: Operational dollars follow the student; only capital funds are collected locally by the school district & the study verified by the Secretary shows the new district will NOT need to raise taxes. The new district does NOT inherit APS operational debt (the current $43million.)

• This district will take 18-24 months to create, at minimal costs. The new district will seek federal and private funds for its creation.


Even if your kids go to charter school or private school, I think it would be great to provide the our public officials with some insight as to why people have abandoned public school (specifically APS).

If you would like more information please feel free to contact me at thielemier AT gmail.com

Thanks You
Clint Thielemier